Twilight Quotes

|

Ever since introduced to Twilight, I have been a huge fan of it. I owe it all to Viv, who suggested it to Intan (who then forced me to buy the book for her). They say it was like another Harry Potter-esque series, instead of potions and spells, its mythical creatures.



To be honest, I wasn't even remotely interested. Never thought its an epic love story. After all, Harry Potter is not a romance story! J. K. Rowling only added romance in the series in the last 3 books. (Yes, I read the Harry Potter series too.) But Viv was like "You HAVE to read Twilight! It's AWESOME!" and went on and on with it. So, I decided to entertain her wishes and look for it in bookstores. Note the 's' behind 'bookstore'. Yes, for weeks I went to many bookstores in Kota Kinabalu & Kuala Lumpur. They're always out of stock. At that point, I was curious and convinced that the book was indeed as Viv said.

Once I get my hands on one of the book, I was hooked. I even bought hamsters and named them after Edward and Bella. (Unfortunately, they died due to their forbidden love) I couldn't get enough of it. I searched for the sequel. Unable to find them in stores, I downloaded them. Illegal, I know. But so what?

There are many quotes from the books that I truly love. Here's some in random order.


Your scent, it's like a drug to me.
You are my exact brand of heroin.
-Edward Cullen in Twilight

And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.
What a stupid lamb.
What a sick masochistic lion.
-Edward Cullen, Bella Swan in Twilight

If I could dream at all, it will be about you. And I'm not ashamed of it.
-Edward Cullen in Twilight

Besides, friends don't let friends drive drunk.
Drunk?
You're intoxicated by my very presence.
-Edward Cullen, Bella Swan in Twilight

Today is the first & last day of forever.
-Bella Swan in Breaking Dawn

About three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him-and I didn’t know how potent that part might be-that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.
-Bella Swan in Twilight

No spiders?
Nope.
No radioactivity?
Nope.
Dang.
Kryptonite doesn't bother me either.
-Bella Swan, Edward Cullen in Twilight

Sleep, my Bella. Dreams happy dreams. You are the only one who ever touched my heart. It will always be yours. Sleep, my only love.
-Edward Cullen in Eclipse

I hear voices in my head, and you're worried that you're the freak.
-Edward Cullen in Twilight

It's too easy to be myself with you.
-Edward Cullen in Twilight


Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ….And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything.
-Edward Cullen in New Moon

To me, it was like you were some kind of demon, summoned straight from my own personal hell to ruin me.
-Edward Cullen in Twilight

I’ll miss you. No matter how short a time you’re gone.
-Alice Cullen in Midnight Sun

High school. Or was purgatory the right word?
-Edward Cullen in Midnight Sun

I am Switzerland. I refuse to be affected by territorial disputes between mythical creatures.
-Bella Swan in Eclipse

I have been tortured. Alice painted my toenails.
-Bella Swan in Eclipse

I told you — you don’t see yourself clearly at all. You’re not like anyone I’ve ever known. You fascinate me.
-Edward Cullen in Twilight

Maybe…if you weren’t a disgusting vampire who was planning to suck out the life of the girl I love…well, no,not even then.
-Jacob Black in Breaking Dawn

Fall down again, Bella?
No, Emmett. I punched a werewolf in the face.
-Emmet Cullen, Bella Swan in Eclipse


You did it again.
What?
Dazzling me.
Oh.
It's not your fault. You can't help it.
-Bella Swan, Edward Cullen in Twilight

I know it will be hard, but this is what I want. I want you, and I want you forever. One lifetime is simply not enough for me.
-Bella Swan in Breaking Dawn



I told you --
Did you know 'I Told You So' have a brother, Jacob? His name is 'Shut The Hell Up'!
-Jacob Black, Bella Swan in Breaking Dawn

I could see that now - how the universe swirled around this one point. I'd never seen the symmetry of the universe before, but now it was plain. The gravity of the earth no longer tied me to the place I stood. It was the baby girl in the blonde vampire's arms that held me here now. Renesmee.
-Jacob Black in Breaking Dawn

He's like a drug for you, Bella. I see that you can't live without him now. But I would have been healthier for you. Not a drug; I would have been the air, the sun.
-Jacob Black in Eclipse

If there were any way for me to become human for you - no matter what the price was, I would pay.
-Edward Cullen in Eclipse

My heart hasn't beat in almost ninety years, but this was different. It was like my heart was gone, like I was hollow. Like I'd left everything that was inside me here with you.
That's funny.
Funny?
I thought it was just me. Lots of pieces of me went missing, too. I haven't been able to really breathe in so long. Any my heart. That was definitely lost.
-Edward Cullen, Bella Swan in New Moon

Do you think I'll get better at this? That my heart someday stop trying to jump out of my chest whenever you touch me?
-Bella Swan in New Moon


Wow. That's a long list. And that's not everything. There's still many more quotes from the books that I truly love. Did you notice that most of the quotes are from Edward Cullen? Well, I'm a girl, he's Edward, connect the dots. When I read the books, I always imagine myself in Bella's shoes. My heart melts whenever I read the words that Edward says to Bella.

I wonder if I will ever find my own human-version of Edward Cullen. If he's turn out to be a vampire, I don't mind.

0 comments:

Post a Comment