The Lesson I Learnt

|
You should be proud of me today. Why? I studied. No, I actually studied. No Guitar Hero, or any other form of entertainment out there that continuously luring me away from my responsibilities. Okay, maybe my handphone was buzzing non-stop. However, I studied for the paper I will be sitting this Sunday, which is CSC 134 - Computer & Information Processing.

For all of you who sits in the same class with me for this course, surely you noticed that I never come in to class with a book in my hand. Just papers and stencils. The only books you see me carrying into that class, would probably textbooks for the next class or some random novels. And you probably realize that the lecturer and I don't see things eye to eye. Truth to be told, I hate his way nazi way of teaching and vanity. He hates my guts for daring to argue with him. And he hates me even more for winning in most of the arguments. (And how did he reacts to this? By reducing my marks, of course. After storming out of the class. Yes, I was mean. I know.)

Anyway, I studied. I haven't been studying properly since the final examination season started. I was to busy for band rehearsal at Feizal's pad. Viv named the band "UR Majesty". Yes, she named our PS3 Guitar Hero: World Tour band. The point is, I studied. I read the textbook. What textbook? I just told you that I don't have the textbook the whole semester. Well, I do now. I just bought it on Tuesday. 5 days before the paper. And I only bought it after Viv told me I should. (She was worrying about my exams more than I do.) I just started reading the book today. I will not let the so-called lecturer has the satisfaction of failing me.

Okay, enough about him. It's not worth it. I started studying with the textbook I just bought 2 days ago this morning around 10.30 in the morning. And by the time I went out to buy my lunch from KFC nearby, (Home alone. I don't want to clean up after cooking.) I pretty much covers half of the content of the book already. And the book was pretty interesting, after all, I am pretty much a geek.

So, I was reading through Chapter 4 - The Components of System Unit, from the Discovering Computers 2009 - Complete Version, when I came across these paragraphs.

"Most connectors and ports are available in one of two genders: male or female. Male connectors and ports have one or more exposed pins, like the end of an electrical cord you plug in the wall. Female connectors and ports have matching holes to accept the pins on the male connector or port, like an electrical wall outlet."

"Sometimes, you cannot attach a new peripheral to the computer because the port on the system unit is the same gender as the connector on the cable. In this case, purchasing a gender changer solves this problem. A gender changer is a device that enables you to join a port and a connector that are both female or both male."

You can call me whatever you want. Horny. Dirty minded. But I still find it hilarious. This is the closest thing as sex education for the geeks and nerds. It explains the basic human anatomy. Guys have penises. Girls have vaginas. And it even tells us, which goes where. Ha-ha. After reading this, I truly understood what people meant when they say they are "turned on" or the experience was "electrifying". Ha-ha, I guess the metaphor came from electronic devices.

Oh, in the other paragraph, its explains about homosexuality. Seems to me, they're pretty open to that idea. There "gender changer" is probably similar to transexual. Ha-ha. "Purchasing a gender changer solves this problem." Yes, do a gender reassignment surgery, and you'll be allowed to marry. Or pack up and move to states that allows gay marriages. Miss California and Perez Hilton can debate all they want about it. The gizmos are on Perez's side. There's another detail that I just noticed; the book title suit it well - too well. We really are "discovering computers", complete version.

Gosh, this book are suprisingly interesting. I didn't expect to find this sort of information. I'm going to continue reading, just in case I find something else similar. I wonder what they wrote about input & output. Or viruses.


1 comments:

K. Emmanoelle said...

ahahahha veryvery funny!!

Post a Comment